San Saba Pecan Pie in a Jar Recipe
- Remove jar lid and microwave for 1 minute . This allows the filling to be removed easily from the jar.
In large mixing bowl:
- Beat 3 eggs with a fork for One 9" deep dish pie or use 4 eggs for Two 9" regular pies. Beat until the yolk and white are mixed.
- Add: (optional) 4 Tablespoons of melted margarine or butter.
- Stir: Filling into the eggs and blend until well mixed.
- Pour: into prepared pie shell ( see below)
- Bake: 9" deep dish pie in oven at 300 degrees for 1 hr and 20 min or two regular 9" pies at 300 degrees for 50 minutes.
- Shake the pie slightly to check for doneness. Center should move like set gelatin. Pie will fall after removing from the oven. You may carefully level the pecans as it falls.
Pie Crust: If using a prepared purchased pie crust follow the instructions on the package. If using a homemade pie crust - pre bake pie shell in oven at 300 degrees for 15 minutes before adding filling.
Complete instructions under label on top of jar.